The following guide will show you how to update the Infrascale agent on target servers.
You may choose between automatic and manual deployment. The difference here is that the automatic deployment will ask you for administrator credentials and perform the update manually, which may involve rebooting the target server. However, the manual deployment option means that you will download and run the executable installer yourself, and therefore gives you more control during the update process, also allowing you to postpone the reboot if needed.
Automatic Update Deployment
Please note: The 'Push Backup Agent' feature can sometimes reboot the server.
|Selecting the server to update||Confirm that the server may reboot||Entering credentials and confirming|
Please refer to the following to update the agent automatically:
- Navigate to the management console of your appliance by going to it's IP address
- Under the Clients tab, select the target server to update.
- Click the 'Push Backup Agent' button above.
- This will display a warning message, which informs you that the target server may reboot as part of the update process. If you do not wish for this to happen, please refer to the Manual Deployment section below.
- After confirming the warning, you will be presented with a dialog box, which will require you to enter the following
- A local or domain administrator username
- The associated password
- Once you have entered the correct credentials and are ready to commence, click the Push button below.
- You will be able to monitor the status of the update through the progress bars and the logs within the dialog box.
Manual Update Deployment
|Navigate to Downloads||Installing/Updating the client|
Please use the following steps to manually update the client:
- Go the Infrascale management console for your appliance, by opening a web browser and navigating to the appliance local IP address.
- Go to Settings > Tools > Downloads
- Download the relevant installation file for your system
- Run the installer
- Agree to the relevant licences and read through them, of course.
- Once it has finished installing, click Launch
- You will be presented with a window showing you that it is connected to your appliance.